Hello! The RichmondWiki is on hiatus, thanks to spammers and other shenanigans. We're working on cleaning it up. Until then, editing has been disabled and the site is Read-Only. More details...
James River Park System
Comprising seven distinct sections, the James River Park System is roughly 550 acres of parks on both banks of the James River.
- Pony Pasture Rapids
- Huguenot Flatwater
- North Bank Park Texas Beach
- Belle Isle
- Wetlands Park
- Pumphouse 3-Mile Lock Park
- Richmond Boat Ramp Ancarrow's Landing
- Our City ordinance requires that life jackets be worn by anyone in or on the river when it rises 5 feet or more. When it reaches 9 feet, the river is closed to all except those with permits.
- Park hours are from sunrise to sunset
- Glass bottles or containers are prohibited in City parks
- No parking on the grass is allowed
- No amplified music without special permit is allowed in City parks
- No dogs are allowed in City parks - except in designated areas (guide dogs, hearing dogs and service dogs are exceptions)
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are allowed in City parks
- No open fires are allowed except in park fireplaces/grills
- No golf or archery is allowed in City parks
- No tents, stages or other special apparatus is allowed without a permit
- No cutting of park trees or shrubs in City parks is allowed